SolSpec started in 2017 out of a need to have safer, better quality inspections in the energy industry. We saw the power of gathering imagery from unmanned and manned aircraft for monitoring the status of large-scale construction and maintenance projects. Since then we have developed a software-as-a-service (saas) platform that uploads, processes, organizes, stores and analyzes imagery with other existing project data.
Our vision for SolSpec is to improve environmental and public safety in order to increase efficiencies for the energy industry.
Today, SolSpec is a Denver-based software company that specializes in the processing and analysis of geospatial data. With a principal focus on the scalability and automation of remotely sensed data processing and analysis, SolSpec productizes analytics for commercial applications in natural resources, infrastructure, and other major land-use industries. Having mapped and analyzed more than 1.5 million acres, SolSpec’s product and prediction models have become increasingly accurate, reliable, and user-friendly.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the product team to identify research questions
- Plan and conduct interviews, user surveys, card sorting, and usability tests
- Design and execute studies into user behavior and attitudes
- Conduct heuristic evaluations
- Help define and refine user personas
- Present and communicate insights in order to help shape long-term product strategy
- Identify users’ needs and understand how users consume and navigate content
- Carry out an assessment of existing information architecture and identify areas for improvement, including content inventories and audits
- Plan and design the information architecture for the website or app; what information should go where? Which elements are more important and should be given priority?
- Create use cases and flow diagrams, and define information hierarchies
- Labeling of information
- Create wireframes and taxonomies
The UX Researcher Job Description: Skills and Requirements
- Knowledge of or experience in marketing, cognitive science, psychology, economics or information science, with a solid understanding of user experience design
- Fluent in user-centered design best practices
- Excellent communication skills and empathy for the user
- Ability to collaborate with different teams
- Adept at handling and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data
- Knowledge of industry tools: Presentation programs (Keynote, Powerpoint); UX design programs (Sketch, Adobe); analytics tracking tools (Google Analytics, etc.)